Food that we eat
Before starting lets take a look at the Grade 1 lesson
Food from plants :
Food from animals :
Food can be divided into 3 categories
- These food give us energy
- We need energy to work and play
- Food rich in carbohydrates
- Example : Rice, sugar, cooking oil, bread etc
- These food help our bones, teeth and muscles to grow strong.
- They help you grow.
- They are protein rich food
- Milk, nuts, pulses, chicken,eggs etc
- These food protect us from falling ill and helps us to remain healthy and strong.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
Milk is called the complete food because of its rich content of protein, fat, carbohydrates, all known vitamins and various minerals.
Healthy eating habits
- Always eat a balanced diet ie different type of food in right quantities.
- Eat meals at regular intervals
- Eat fresh food only
- Drink plenty of water. It helps to clean our body system.
- Always was your hands before and after a meal.
- Avoid eating uncovered street food