Links to part 1 and part 2 of the human body
Grade 3 Science (NSO) : Human body part 1
Grade 3 Science(NSO) : Human body part 2
This system controls all our actions, sense of feelings and thinking is called Nervous system.The nervous system is a complex collection of nerves and specialized cells known as neurons that transmit signals between different parts of the body. It is essentially the body’s electrical wiring.
- It consists of the brain, spinal cord, sensory organs, and all of the nerves that connect these organs with the rest of the body
- Brain is the most vital organ of our body
- It sends and receives messages to and from all parts of the body through nerves
- Spinal chord is the bundle of nerves that runs up and down the center of the back; connects the brain to the nerves; carries signals between the brain and other parts of the body
- The brain and spinal cord form the control center known as the central nervous system (CNS).
Food Decay and Preservation
Bacteria and fungi are the main groups of decomposer organisms. Food decay is also known as food spoilage.
Bacteria and fungi need Food , Warmth and Moisture to grow.
There are several ways to stop or slow down the decay of foods. This is known as Food Preservation.
Food preservation methods
Bacteria cannot reproduce at low temperatures.
Bacteria and fungi need warmth to grow. In low temperatures they stop growing.
Following is the list of food preserved by freezing;
- Fresh foods
- Cooked foods
Removing water prevents the microorganisms from growing, or digesting the food.
A quick look at the Grade 1 lessons :
Weather and The Sky:GK questions on space
Weather and The Sky: Earth and Sky fundamentals
- It is a star.
- It gives us heat and light
- It is the main source of energy on the earth
- Eight planets and many heavenly bodies revolve around the sun.
- Orbits the sun
- Has sufficient mass to be round, or nearly round
- Is not a satellite (moon) of another object
A look at the grade 2 lessons :
Grade 2 science (NSO) : Animals
Animals:Domestic and Wild
Animals:Facts about animals
Animals and the way they eat
Herbivores : Animals like cows , buffaloes , sheep etc., that eat plants.
Carnivores : Animals like lions, tigers, etc., that prey on and eat other animals.
Omnivores : Animals like bears, crows etc., that eat both plants and animals.
Scavengers : Animals like vultures and jackals that eat dead and left over animals generally preyed on by carnivores.