Links to part 1 and part 2 of the human body
This system controls all our actions, sense of feelings and thinking is called Nervous system.The nervous system is a complex collection of nerves and specialized cells known as neurons that transmit signals between different parts of the body. It is essentially the body’s electrical wiring.
- It consists of the brain, spinal cord, sensory organs, and all of the nerves that connect these organs with the rest of the body
- Brain is the most vital organ of our body
- It sends and receives messages to and from all parts of the body through nerves
- Spinal chord is the bundle of nerves that runs up and down the center of the back; connects the brain to the nerves; carries signals between the brain and other parts of the body
- The brain and spinal cord form the control center known as the central nervous system (CNS).